I will be busy this week and next week. I have just learned that several professors from the jury won’t be here for the presentation in September due to a Haïti Congress with the school there. It means I will present the master thesis next week. Honestly, I know my stuff, but I am not prepared for this change of schedule.
I have learned some cool stuff to sleep easier at night since I only sleep like 4 or 3 hours lately (not because of the work, just because I can’t whatever the reason is). This article will be short but could be useful if you need to find something to relax.
- No coffee, no tea, and no exciting components like sugar. It is obvious but it takes me some time to realize that you won’t be able to sleep correctly even if you take some of these pills three or four hours before.
- Fresh air and a moderate temperature help to sleep easier between 18°C and 19°C is perfect for me. In theory, it is between 19°C and 23°C but I guess it is different with a thin blanket.
- Put some calm music before to sleep and read some boring/complex stuff. Well, it works for me, I generally put some orchestra or classical music before going to sleep recently, and I read some boring stuff like some news around the world or reading quantum physics (that I don’t even grasp a single thing), playing some games, looking for some new stuff to learn, etc.
- I like to sit and meditate for a few minutes. I tend to not be able to take a good nap because my head is overcharged of useless information, it is great to somehow disconnect from everything.
- Finding a catharsis. Just kill some pawn in a chess game and losing, writing absurd stuff, reading some hardcore stuff, etc. Find your thing.
- Stacking objects or organizing some papers. It is awkwardly satisfying. Don’t ask me why.
Okay, this post is a bit shitty, I am not proud of it.
Tomorrow will be busy, the weekend too, Monday will be tiring, Wednesday I will try to not die.
I hope to be able to get out of this period and work on personal projects.
Well, see you later.