I am still in a rush. Let’s try to continue our journey for the conception of an architectural concept for a Mars long-duration mission. Arg, please give me motivation and power, I wanna make something good for the end of this year! Actually, I hope to be able to finish everything in time… So much pressure.
Updating the methodology
It’s quite simple for now, but it will be more structured for later. My work is based on two different parts: the architectural analysis and the biological one.
– The first step is to make a database of all Human Analog Missions, for now, I’ve just worked on the Flashline Mars Arctic Research Base data. In parallel, I’ll work with all the data concerning the interaction between architecture and chronobiology. It will be mainly be based on bringing the good amount of light in the interior space and working with the spatial functions.
– The second step will be less boring: analyze the data and put everything on a table where I can observe what goes wrong with the design. For the allegory, I make my vocabulary and words in this step (all the variables and dictionaries).
– Then, an architectural grammar can be used from the table, it is a translation from a medicinal and engineering dictionaries. At this rate, I will work on the design that can possibly cure people using therapeutic architecture.
– From the previous work, I can know possibly take the translation and update the previous design of the interior spaces in Mars long-duration missions, when it will be done, generating a new concept.
– Of course, a new concept can be obsolete so, it will be better to test it and return to the step 2 and make a loop in the programmatic.
Introduction to the spatial programmation
In the precedent post: #43 | arc03 & chr00, I talk to you about four different activities regulating everyone strict schedule and by the same way, all their “zeitberger” (“synchronizer of circadian clock”). If we based our work on these four activities, several functions can merge with them:
- Group activities: living room, dining room, kitchen, EVA garage, working spaces, etc.
- Individual activities: bedroom, working desk, dressing-room, farming areas, etc.
- Interruptions: WC, shower, circulation areas, hall, guest room, etc.
- Unplanned time: leisure room, multimedia room, garden, relaxation, etc.
We can now add a layout with these specifications:
What is important now is to fuse the two groups of data for the spatial programmation.
But first, I will need to know what area is the more used, based on the article of the FMars then, after that, I will be able to generate a schema with which I’ll use to the other Mars missions.
What did I learn?
- Updating the methodology and reorganizing my thoughts
- Finding a connexion between the chronobiology and architecture
- Knowing a bit more about the therapeutic factors and the difference about cure and care